Marriage Bond of John C. RAWLS and Lucy THROCKMORTON
STATE of MISSISSIPPI }
CLAIBORNE county }
KNOW ALLMEN BY THESE PRESENTS,
That we JOHN C. RAWLS and DENNIS BURNS of said county, are
firmly bound unto GERARD C. BRANDON governor of the state
MISSISSIPPI aforesaid, or his successors in office, in the
sum of TWO
HUNDRED DOLLARS, lawful money of said state, to which payment
truly to be made to the said governor for the time being,or
in office, we bind ourselves, our heirs, executors and administrators,
and every one of us and them, jointly and severally and firmly
presents. sealed with our seals, and dated this TWENTY-FORTH
AUGUST A.D. eighteen hundred and THIRTY.
The condition of this obligation is such, that wheras a marriage
is shortly intended to be celebrated between the above bounded
JOHN C. RAWLS
and LUCY THROCKMORTON now if there is no lawful cause
to obstruct the said marriage, then this obligation to be
to remain in full force and virtue.
signed, sealed and delivered }
in presents of }
mssrs (signed) Wm Davis Reg.
(signed) JOHN C. RAWLS (SEAL)
(signed) DENNIS BURNS (SEAL)
- STATE OF MISSISSIPPI-- -CLAIBORNE COUNTY.
- to any judge, minister or justice of the peace lawfully authorised
- celebrate the rites of matrimony.
- you are hereby licensed to celebrate the rites of matrimony
- C. RAWLS, and LUCY THROCKMORTON.
- given under my hand and seal of my office this 24th day of
- one thousand eight hundred and THIRTY
- MATT DAVIS, register
- in virtue of a license from the clerk of CLAIBORNE county,
I have this day
- celebrated the rites of matrimony between JOHN C. RAWLS and
- Given under my hand this 26th day of August 1830 - (signed) Isaac Powers JP
- Truley Rec'd - (signed) Wm Davis Reg.
Powers the Justice of the Peace who married John and Lucy, was married
to Robert Throckmorton's widow Sarah Burney and became the step father
of Robert Throckmorton's children.
Map I Photos
I Links I Family
Stories I Source Docs I Hinkle
I Rawls I Cranford
I Redwine I Spiva
I Stevens I McMhperson
©2002 Cyd Rawls